7 Excellent WordPress Membership Plugins for Building a Successful Membership Site
Do you think that having just a membership site for WordPress can be good enough?
Well, you may surely want to have a fully functional WordPress membership site!
For that, there is a cluster of WordPress membership plugins available, but for generating a stable recurring income for your WordPress membership site, we have listed the best WordPress membership plugin that works to the optimum level.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive into the list of the best WordPress membership plugins!
Whether you want to build a WordPress membership website for selling online learning courses, downloading e-Books, PDF downloads, video courses, or for digital downloads, ARMember is a super powerful WordPress Membership plugin that offers a reliable solution for you to build a successful membership website.
The Best Part? You don’t even need any kind of coding skills for creating and building a membership website for WordPress.
Let’s have a glance at the impressive features of ARMember WordPress Membership plugin:
- It offers you the gated content using the “content restriction” feature for various membership plans. You can set content protection rules for pages, posts, custom posts, taxonomy, BuddyPress pages, and more.
- Allows you to access the “Drip Content” feature that gives you the option to schedule the content release for the selected posts, pages, custom content, user posts, and even for the products. You can drip content (Immediately, after a certain time of subscription, from a specific date range, or After a certain time post is published or is modified)
- A striking feature of multiple payment gateways to offer your members the recurring payment options such as (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, yearly, or a one-time payment option) for accessing your premium content.
- Provides you the powerful feature of Membership setup wizard with the use of a single shortcode to integrate your plans, registration forms, payment gateways, and coupons.
- Facilitates you with the Built-In form builder to create the signup/login forms with numerous customization options
- Email Opt-Ins with the most famous email marketing software platforms.
- Sending the custom “email notifications” to the users or admins for a new subscription, failed payment, when the trial period ends, membership expired, and more. You can even create advanced notification simply by editing the templates
- Over 21+ Add-Ons options that help you to scale up your WordPress membership website.
Similarly, ARMember has plenty of other uniquely advanced features like if you want to Block IP Addresses, Username or Signup, Block URLs, then you can even enable the login attempt security as well. For the higher security concerns, it even facilitates the two-step login verification feature.
ARMember facilitates to run of affiliate marketing with the use of
ARMember Affiliate Add-On.
Moreover, if you are looking to build an on-site social network where your site members can engage themselves by building connections, sending a friend request, follow/unfollow, private message, and much more than ARMember Social Community Add-on can be a sure option to opt for!
This article is sponsored by Codeable.io:
Get help with difficult WordPress projects
Codeable.io provides over 500 senior WordPress Experts that can help you get past dead ends.
MemberPress is yet another popular WordPress Membership plugin that has gained its popularity with all the features you want to build a successful WordPress membership site.
On the other hand, MemberPress will help you to create, manage membership subscriptions as well as digital products, and more.
This plugin is easy to install and run on your WordPress site. With that being said, you can easily start charging the users to have access to your content.
One of the cool thing about this plugin is that it can work with any WordPress theme, or even if you have a custom theme.
Some exciting features of MemberPress:
- It allows you to set access rules to restrict access to pages/posts, custom posts, categories, tags, and more.
- Content Dripping feature for timely release of content and restricting content
- Supports the most popular Payment Gateway integration like Stripe, PayPal, and Authorize.Net
- Provides facility to get the relevant reports
- Facilitate with the Affiliate Program plugin with the use of Affiliate Royale plugin for WordPress
- Allow members to create, update, or cancel their subscriptions directly from the site.
- Supports Add-on integration for most popular email marketing services like AWeber, ConstantContact, MailChimp, and more.
Pricing: The basic plan price starts from $149/year for single site usage.
Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is a great plugin for the WordPress membership site that can let you build an exceptional WordPress membership site.
Whether you need to lock the specific content or if you want to grant access to your paid members, Restrict Content Pro has got all the rich-features.
With the use of Restrict Content Pro, you can easily create any number of membership packages such as free, paid membership, or a trial membership.
Here are the key features:
- Easy to use customer dashboard for members to view their account options like upgrade/cancellation, renewal or expiration, and the complete payment history.
- WooCommerce Integration to control who can view or purchase products in WooCommerce
- Popular Payment Gateway integration like Stripe, 2Checkout, Braintree, PayPal (Standard and Express)
- It helps you to generate a CSV of all active members and to easily export it.
- Reports to measure how well your membership site is performing
- Provides Pro Add-ons, Official Add-ons, and third-party add-ons that include popular email marketing services, Payment Gateways, Affiliate marketing plugin, and more
Pricing: The pricing for the Personal plan can cost $99/year for a single site
MemberMouse is an easy-to-use WordPress membership plugin that will help you to build a better WordPress membership site.
From customer management, and with the use of drip content, MemberMouse makes it easy to protect your membership sites premium content for pages/posts, categories, and custom post types.
Have a look at the key features:
- It allows password-protected members area and provides a unique member homepage for various membership levels.
- Helps with the member management things like order history, cancellation, and refund, access rights, and engagement stats
- Provides with the trial offers and coupons
- Allows members to gift memberships and bundles to other people
- Allows access to churn and retention metrics
Pricing: The starter plan $19.95/month (Limits up to 1000 members)
s2Member is a membership plugin for WordPress that offers a wide range of features.
This plugin allows you to protect posts, pages, categories, tags, and even if you want to restrict specific content within your posts/pages then it is possible with the use of s2Member.
S2Member allows easy shortcodes access which can help you to protect certain parts of the pages/posts or even if you want to show something different to the non-members, then it’s possible
Features of s2Member:
Supports Email marketing services like MailChimp, AWeber, and GetResponse
- Allows you to build a customized login/registration page
- Supports popular Payment Gateway like PayPal, PayPal Pro, Stripe, Authorize.Net, and ClickBank
- Offers Brute Force login Protection
- Multisite Network support to run multiple sites/blogs
Pricing: Pro The version can cost $89 (Lifetime access) for a single site license.
Magic Members is a new generation WordPress membership plugin by Magic Members.
It is a super easy to use WordPress membership plugin that has tons of features to create your membership website on a WordPress platform.
Here are some of the features to highlight for the Magic Members WordPress membership plugin:
- Facilitate the Pay Per Post / Pay Per View feature that allows you to limit the number of times a person can view that page.
- Dripping content feature that supports the delay of the protected pages or posts.
- Seamless integration with popular email marketing software like AWeber, InfusionSoft, GetResponse, Constant Contact, iContact, Sendy, GVO, and MailChimp.
- Allows with the easy member management to see all your members, member’s status, and their membership level atone place.
- Offers seamless integration with payment gateways like PayPal, PayPal Express Checkout, Authorize.net, 2CheckOut, Stripe, ClickBank, WorldPay, MoneyBookers, PagSeguro, and many more.
- This awesome plugin supports SimpleForums integration
Simultaneously, there are other great features like unlimited coupon creation, custom widgets, download manager to protect downloads from unauthorized members and guests by assigning permissions based on different levels of access.
Pricing: The pricing for Magic Members can cost you $97 for a single site usage with 1 year of free updates.
Ultimate Member is the impressive WordPress membership plugin that offers a wide range of features that allows you to add stunning user profiles to your website and is great to build a membership website for WordPress.
Apart from that, this is a lightweight plugin that can let you create a WordPress membership website where your users can join and be.me members in a hassle-free way.